WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT YOUR DENTISTS MORE OFTEN
Oral health and hygiene has become one of the most important areas of the overall health that demands proper attention, especially as this area of the overall health has been revealed to affect other areas such as appearance, quality of life and digestion and more.
Having over the years come to the understanding of the importance of proper oral health, a more challenging task for most persons is maintaining appointments with their Dentist in Fort Worth. Most persons are known to skip on their periodic and regular dental checkup as they hide under the umbrella of busy schedules. However, frequent dental checkup has been revealed to hold a lot of significant benefits to the overall health of the body.
Current statistics reveal that as many as 40 percent of Americans see their dentists less often by the year with some persons going a stretch of five years without stepping foot at the dentists’ office. While this may have significant negative effects on the body, below are some of the reasons why you should stay faithful to your dental appointments and see your dentist more often.
- Oral cancer detection - Cancer is a growing menace in the society and several cases of oral cancer have been recorded in recent years. One of the most essential ways to kick against oral cancer or at least better manage the condition is proper oral checkup as dentists are well knowledgeable and equipped with tools and equipment which facilitates early detection of oral cancer. It is important to note that the risks of oral cancer is largely reduced with the frequency of dental care and dental visits while also, the chances of surviving the terminal illness is increased when it is discovered early and treatment plans are initiated to prevent further growth and complications.For persons who stand a risk of oral cancer, there is the need to ensure that you stay away from materials which can further worsen the condition such as smoking, tobacco intake and more. It is important also to note that oral cancer is very much treatable provided it is discovered early.With the increasing threat of oral cancer in the society, it has become expedient to gather as much information as possible on the subject matter in order to better improve chances of survival and cancer management. Below are some of the oral cancer facts you never knew;
- Tobacco has been reported to be one of the greatest single cause of oral cancer with about 80 percent of persons suffering from oral cancer having been reported to have been users of some variety of tobacco including cigarettes, chewing tobacco, pipes and more.
- About 40 percent of people who are diagnosed of oral cancer in its late stages have been reported to die within a period of 5 years after diagnosis, a more important reason why it is important to detect the condition earlier in life.
- Oral cancer can sometimes be impossible to detect based on the fact that it produces symptoms which are similar to oropharyngeal cancers.
- HPV which is one of the most frequently transmitted diseases in the United States is the most common cause of oropharyngeal cancer. Of all the strains of HPV, the HPV 16 is revealed to be most often linked to incidence of Oropharyngeal cancer.
- Cavity damage - While everyone gets cavities, there is the need to understand that early detection of cavities can help prevent complications in oral health and hygiene. Paying proper attention to keep to a regular dental appointment can save you from damages which are caused by cavities in the mouth. With cavities recorded to be one of the most important reasons why most persons visit dental experts and Cosmetic Dentist in Fort Worth, it is essential that you visit your dentist regularly to reduce your chances of cavities. Proper and early detection of cavities can result in less invasive treatment plans and even more cosmetically favorable dental treatment options.
- Gum disease - Another common reason why you should pay proper attention to oral health and remain religious to dental appointment is gum diseases. Gum diseases can cause wide range of dental issues including bad breath, pain and swelling in the mouth and more. Similar to cavities, gum diseases causes discomfort but this can be eliminated in the early stages by early detection of gum infections and other problems with the gum by the dentists during dental appointments.
- Bad habits - There are some dental bad habits that could affect the oral health of an individual. Some of the most common bad habits which affects the oral health is smoking, poor diet, nail biting, teeth clenching and other related habits. While these habits are capable of compromising oral health and negatively affecting the quality of smile, proper dental checkups can prove effective in dealing with such conditions and their resultant effects. Frequent visits to the dentist can help you better track your progress with respect to overcoming the habits which may otherwise be detrimental to the quality of your sleep.
- Deeper Underlying dental problems - One of the most important reasons for you to avoid skipping your dental checkup and appointment is the early detection of deeper underlying dental problems. Proper dental checkup allows you to catch dental problems at the early stages to prevent further complications and also to aid proper, less stressful and less invasive treatments. Visiting an experienced and professional dentist can save you from potential and futuristic dental inconveniences.
- The dentist takes care of more than just the teeth - Oral health has been revealed to affect not only the mouth but other areas of the body and as such, proper oral health is guaranteed to reduce problems in other areas of the body such as the heart, stomach and more. Through proper oral health, dentists may be able to recommend restorative procedures such as Dental Implants in Fort Worth for persons who have suffered dental traumas or tooth removals in other to better their chewing experience. Dentists are also capable of performing other cosmetic procedures such as Teeth whitening in Fort Worth especially as it affects appearance, self-confidence and esteem.